The Associate is responsible for supporting European Business Development Efforts to retain and grow profitable revenues with a portfolio of Calastone clients and prospects and having overall accountability for the execution of Calastone’s client strategy.
High Level Objectives
- Retain existing client revenue by ensuring customer satisfaction through strong relationship management and client service responsiveness.
- Seek opportunities for growth through cross & upsell within the portfolio.
- Work in partnership with internal teams to become our clients’ trusted business partners.
- Contribute to building the Calastone brand.
- In conjunction with the Head of European Sales & Relationship Management and Sales Directors, develop new relationships with prospective clients in specific markets
Key Responsibilities – External
- Act as key contact point for ‘day to day’ communication.
- Ensure the client receives the highest level of responsiveness.
- Strategically profile Calastone with clients, well ahead of a proposal/decision date.
- Achieve good understanding of each client’s strategic priorities, goals, challenges and their expectations from a service provider.
- Connect across the decision and influence centres within the client organization and seek to understand the political landscape in the client organisation.
- Deploy Calastone executives in a senior coverage capacity to enhance C-level connectivity where appropriate.
- Understand our client specific competitive landscape and implement competitor counter-strategies.
- Maximise the impact to clients of Calastone thought leadership/industry insights.
- Seek to create a tangible client specific value proposition that is compelling & differentiating.
- Work with internal partners to successfully conclude contract negotiations.
- Ensure smooth and efficient client on-boarding, working closely with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure the service ramps up as efficiently as possible.
- Identify and manage opportunities for networking across different industry groups to support the interests of Calastone customers.
Key Responsibilities – Internal
- Ensure speedy escalation and resolution of any client queries.
- Build & maintain concise Client Profiles to drive a client or deal review where appropriate key Calastone executives and management.
- Accountable as the leadon the specific client strategy engaging key internal stakeholders in support.
- Accountable for the quality, accuracy & timeliness of defined client data on Salesforce.
- Provide accurate revenue forecasts monthly and annually.
- Develop strong and open working relationships with all internal stakeholders including Management, Sales & RM, Operations, Client Delivery, Marketing, Legal, Finance & Development.
- Provide up to date product and industry knowledge as well as organisational updates.
- Analyse industry news, data & trends to establish Calastone’s market position.
- Execute sales & client strategies in line with our methodology and process.
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Proven track record in servicing complex clients within the funds industry.
- Track record of managing and servicing client relationships in partnership with multiple internal stakeholders to ensure delivery of operational & service excellence.
- A good understanding of the Calastone business as well as the funds industry, fund trading and the role and strategic objectives of industry participants, such as distributors, fund managers, service providers, custodians, market structures and regulatory framework.
- Candidates should speak fluent English as well as Italian or German, other languages are a bonus.
- Strong relationship builder.
- Clear focus and organisational capabilities.
- Good communicator with the ability and personal impact to influence the key decision makers.
- Entrepreneurial in spirit but works with and advocates corporate discipline.
- Ability to provide demos for all live Calastone products and services.
- Technical expertise/knowledge of the Calastone system, products and services.
- An individual who operates with a high level of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Articulate and able to communicate well in written and spoken English.
- Good level of IT skills.
To apply for this role, please use the link below: