- Propose and implement technologies to enhance the platforms offered to the technology department.
- Evangelise DevOps to the wider business.
- Work with key stakeholders to define Calastone’s DevOps strategy to support the evolving business and technical environment.
- Mentor and manage the DevOps team.
- Maintain Calastone’s reputation for high-quality service support and delivery.
- Lead the Platform workstream to enhance offerings to the technology departments.
- Maintain and enhance existing Chef cookbooks.
- Support and improve the Continuous Integration and Delivery systems and their usage in the development and infrastructure teams.
Required Knowledge & Experience
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate a deep and thorough understanding of:
- Kubernetes and Helm.
- Agile development practices.
- Using Configuration Management tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible to configure Windows and Linux virtual machines.
- Cloud environments such as Azure, AWS.
- Configuration and management of Windows Servers.
- VCS systems such as Git.
- CI systems such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Github Actions, Circleci.
- Ability to mentor staff new to a DevOps culture.
The ideal candidate would have some level of experience in one or more of the following:
- Test Driven Development – Unit testing frameworks, mocking frameworks, and patterns for testability.
- Configuration and management of Linux Servers.
- Effective communication skills with both technical and non-technical staff.
You are someone who has a passion for good technology, an attention to detail, and excellent communication skills. We take team dynamics seriously so, like us, you thrive on collaboration. We view ourselves as enablers for the business and engineering teams so you must be able to contextualise your work for less technical members of the organisation. We need your help to modernise the funds industry, bridging the gap between finance and modern technology to create faster and more efficient service for the benefit of the end investor.