- Guide, own and communicate the feature set for your product domain against the overall product strategy and vision set by the Head of Product and in-line with our company strategy
- Devise new ideas and business models to fit into the market which position Calastone as a disruptor to the funds and investments industry
- Seek out like minded clients and partners to work with on new ideas and models
- Be responsible for the commercial viability of your product domain, ensuring product level budgets and sales targets are set and achieved in line with corporate goals
- Collaborate with the other product managers to ensure the end to end vision is clear
- Represent Calastone as thought pioneers at industry events, presenting the vision to industry front runners
- Show clients a clear path to adoption for all products in your domain
- Collaborate with your development partners within Technology (PMO, Engineering) and the client-facing teams in Sales, Operations and Marketing to ensure delivery, adoption and success of your Products
- Aid the creation of the marketing content and Go-To-Market plan by working closely with the Product Marketing Manager regarding the value proposition and key capabilities of your products
- Undertake regular, in-depth competitor research, gaining insights into the extent of your competitive edge and how to maintain it
- Monitor and optimize your products to maximize chances of success, including profitability
- Take your new initiatives to the Product Steering Committee, with attendees from the senior management team (C-level ) to ensure speedy and transparent decision making enabling efficient development and enhancement of the Product portfolio
- Represent the Customer/Client in decision making
- Assist Sales in Client meetings; investigating client needs and establishing views on new product capabilities to meet them
Required Knowledge & Experience
The business knowledge desired/required for the Product function includes but is not limited to:
- Commercial results-oriented leadership with a keen eye for the revenues and costs of Products – looking for ways to optimise your Products for maximum return
- Experience in Product Management/Development roles for Transfer Agency solutions or Operations roles in an Asset Servicer / Transfer Agent
- Have a track record of product delivery, showing how products have moved from ideation to launch and growth under your ownership
- Sound knowledge around Asset Servicing, the funds value chain, Transfer Agency and Fund Accounting operating models and flows
- Be able to think in a disruptive way to reinvent your domain product set from how the industry works today whilst taking into account adoption of new products
- Direct experience of Agile development processes and able to evangelize its adoption
- Stakeholder management experience with examples of where your influence has impacted the business
- Able to follow and suggest improvements to a disciplined Product development process
- Experience of client/customer-led Product development, with examples of executions based on client/customer needs, insights and testing
- Excellent client facing and presenting skills
- Recognised as a great communicator – succinct, clear, direct and transparent in your interactions with peers, leadership and clients
- Experience of P&L ownership or profitability tracking
- Experience in Transfer Agency operations or Transfer Agency software development
- Knowledge of the wider funds and collective investments industry, including funds operating models and flows
- Understanding of the role of the regulators and experience/understanding of the market practice working groups
- Knowledge of the wider collective investments market, particularly mutual funds, as well as the roles performed by the different players in the value chain.
- You have experience and are comfortable dealing with institutional clients, in financial services sector
Technically, you will be expected to be conversant with Microsoft office, Salesforce, Jira and Confluence
Delivery and Impact – Self-starter and resourceful: taking the lead is second nature and you are comfortable driving things independently within a very collaborative environment, continuously reaching to colleagues and other parties and not waiting for things to happen. Raises risks and issues promptly to the relevant bodies alongside recommendations for mitigation.
Communication – Confident, accurate, deliberate and direct. Ability to articulate complex issues concisely and effectively. Accustomed to pre-empting stakeholders to facilitate decision making. Engaged listener to steer client conversations and factor in their input.
Conduct – Demonstrates the corporate values of connected, supportive, creative and driven. Show a strong work ethic and the highest levels of professionalism and integrity.
Teamwork – Able to provide support to those within their peer group. Open to work in a multidisciplinary team, where we aim to complement each other and promote constant collaboration and dialogue.
Management – Able to constantly manage priorities and lead the Product Owners and Engineers
Problem Solving – Identifies, considers and solves problems of a product, political, organisational and technical nature – ensuring visibility and buy-in where required.
Organisation – Provides regular 360 feedback to team, peers and management – with a view to addressing issues as well as encouraging performance.
Influence – Provides open feedback with actionable intent – also solicits this from peers, team and management.
Open to learn from others and try to do things differently