As part of Calastone’s future growth strategy, we are developing a new set of products that build on our network and provide solutions to our Asset Management and Asset Servicing clients. This role will play a critical part in the shaping and execution of our ETF products for Asset Managers and Servicers, with an initial focus on defining and delivering the roadmap for a next generation asset administration platform. This will be across a multi asset types and multi jurisdictions with the product manager / owner role helping to build business cases for the different propositions as well as evaluating the need and return on investment for standalone products within this industry.
You will own the ETF product space, and test the value proposition and client appetite for new products at an early stage with assistance and oversight from your Product Director. The role involves assessing and evaluating product/market fit and commercial viability at all stages and allowing these to be challenged and enriched in the Product governance process with collaboration across Sales, Operations, Marking, Technology and directly with Clients.
You will also be in charge of, from a delivery perspective, direct engagement with the technology and design teams in shaping and prioritising sprints and the product backlog. The role is in charge of maintaining velocity across a number of initiatives in train and ensuring multiple teams are working in concert to deliver the prioritised outcomes.
- Guide, own and communicate the feature set for your product domain against the overall product strategy and vision set by the Chief Product Officer and in-line with our company strategy
- Plan and prioritise the product feature backlog, working closely with your Product Director and other Product personnel
- Be able to break initiatives down into Epic level tasks that can be collated, tracked and estimated in the system for building and maintenance of the product roadmap.
- Work with your Product Director on the commercial viability of your product domain, ensuring product level budgets and sales targets are set and achieved in line with corporate goals
- Collaborate with the other Product Owners to ensure the end to end vision is clear, particularly where there areas of overlap with other Calastone products
- Be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for your products – representing Calastone at industry events when required
- Show clients a clear path to adoption for all products in your domain
- Propose and implement changes to existing processes to streamline and accelerate delivery while at the same time maximizing revenue
- Aid the creation of the marketing content and Go-To-Market plan by working closely with the Commercial and Marketing teams regarding the value proposition and key capabilities of your products
- Represent the Customer/Client in decision making
- Assist Sales in Client meetings; investigating client needs and establishing views on new product capabilities to meet them
- Day to day prioritisation of the business analysis team to assign and review breakdown of each Epic into user stories and technical tasks
- Ownership and final verification of initiatives prior to delivery into client UAT
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Commercial results-oriented leadership with a keen eye for the revenues and costs of Products – looking for ways to optimise your Products for maximum return
- Have a track record of product delivery, showing how products have moved from ideation to launch and growth under your ownership
- Be able to think in a disruptive way to reinvent your domain product set from how the industry works today whilst taking into account adoption of new products
- Direct experience of Agile development processes and able to evangelize its adoption
- Stakeholder management experience with examples of where your influence has impacted the business
- Able to follow and suggest improvements to a disciplined Product development process
- Experience of client/customer-led Product development, with examples of executions based on client/customer needs, insights and testing
- Understanding of the role of the regulators and experience/understanding of the market practice working groups
Submit your CV