The person in this role will report to the QA Team Lead and be a full time member of the Quality Assurance team, which has specific responsibility for fully testing the code and configuration releases prior to deployment into the UAT and live environments. The QA Engineer will be responsible for the testing of software produced by Calastone’s development team prior to delivery of code into production and to the business team for end-to-end UAT with the client. This will entail working closely with the Development, Client and Production Services teams.
This role will entail utilising both manual and automated testing methods. The ability to understand and gain knowledge of the technical environment as well as client appreciation will be the key to success in this role.
The QA Engineer will be expected to contribute to the delivery and accurate ongoing maintenance of testing tools, processes and reporting, ensuring the continued stability of the production systems.
- Functional and Regression testing of all code and configuration changes.
- Liaise with Development, Production and Business Analysts to understand technical change, their priorities and testing requirements.
- Day-to-day 1st line diagnosis and escalation of issues occurring in the test environment.
- Contribute to the set up and maintenance of the QA environments.
- Prepare test scripts and contribute to QA knowledge database.
- Work with the Development team to identify, catalogue and eradicate any bugs/unexpected behaviours.
- Contribute to issue reporting and trend analysis.
- Maintain Calastone’s reputation for high-quality project delivery.
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Working experience in a financial environment.
- Working experience in Quality Assurance or Software Testing roles.
- Experience of testing tools and testing processes, both manual and automated.
- Experience of writing automation with Java or a keen demonstrable interest.
- Working understanding of Relational Databases, SQL & client server architecture.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft products, Word and Excel and windows pc environment.
- Confident and articulate communicator at both business and technical levels.
- A-level or higher educated in an IT related subject.
- Understanding of Test Automation principals
- Experience or keen interest in C#/Java and/or test automation with selenium
- Knowledge of the European Mutual Funds market.
- Familiar with electronic message standards such as FIX and SWIFT.
- ISEB or equivalent Software Testing qualifications.
- English plus a second language would be an advantage.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and passionate about quality and ‘getting it right’
- A delivery-focused approach to work and the ability to work without micromanagement.
- Ability to stay calm and focused under pressure.
- Strong personality able to deal with, and work within, a spirited work environment.
- Team player in multi-disciplined environment.
- Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial approach.
- Willing to pursue a problem through to root cause identification.
- Clear and precise when communicating with others both written and oral.
- Ability to multi-task and to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Balanced individual able to critically appraise own strengths and weaknesses.
- Highest levels of professionalism, honesty and integrity.
To apply for this role, please use the following link: