The QA Engineer will be accountable for contributing to test automation solutions on agile projects, including assisting the Senior QA Engineer in the design and maintenance of test automation frameworks and integration into build/deployment pipelines via GitHub Actions. Automated tests will be built on .Net Core using the C# language with a Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) approach and supplemented with exploratory testing where applicable.
The role will entail collaborating closely with agile team members from other disciplines to deliver high-quality applications to the client and facilitate high-quality, maintainable, robust automated test solutions. The role holder will have the opportunity and be encouraged to contribute to the ongoing drive to improve the overall test process both in terms of the test approach and code implementation.
The ability to comprehend and gain knowledge of the technical environment and the functional characteristics of Calastone’s products alongside a demonstrated knowledge of appropriate QA test approaches will be the key to success in this role.
- Contribute to the building and maintenance of automation test frameworks built on .Net Core with C# BDD.
- Contribute to the creation of automated test solutions for functional and regression testing of Calastone’s suite of software products.
- Functional and Regression testing of all code and configuration changes.
- Documentation of QA processes, practices & buildout of the QA knowledge database.
- Contribute towards the integration of automated test solutions into the engineering build pipeline (Continuous Integration), including triggering of test suites via GitHub Actions.
- Conduct appropriate exploratory testing to facilitate Calastone’s agile approach and in accordance with QA industry best practices.
- Liaise with DevOps, Engineering, Operations and Client Delivery to apprehend technical change, their priorities and testing requirements.
- Knowledge sharing and support of test automation across the QA Team.
- Gain an understanding of Calastone’s products and associated functionality.
- Assist the Senior QA Engineer in adhering to industry standards and Calastone’s own test automation processes and best practices.
- Work closely with development engineers to identify, log and eradicate any bugs/unexpected behaviours.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of the European Mutual Funds Market or Exchange-Traded Funds (ETF’s) market would be an advantage.
- Experience in object-oriented programming using C# (strongly preferred) or Java.
- Experience in writing code for .Net based test automation solutions, utilising BDD tools (Specflow, Gherkin).
- Experience in automating the testing of both REST API and/or UI-based applications.
- Experience working with GitHub Actions workflow (yaml) for deploy/test in CI pipeline.
- Experience working with Selenoid for parallel UI testing would be an advantage.
- Experience working with AKS (Azure Kubernetes Service) infrastructure would be an advantage.
- Experience writing SQL relational database queries.
- Experience in non-functional testing such as performance, load or stress testing would be an advantage (esp. using Neoload tool).
- Experience in testing financial systems using XML, JSON, FIX, SFTP or Swift messaging would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of QA automation methodologies, tools, and agile processes.
- Able to describe testing techniques such as Equivalence Partitioning and Boundary Value Analysis.
- Proficient in Microsoft products, Visual Studio, Azure, Word, Excel, and Windows PC environment.
- Confident and articulate communicator at both business and technical levels.
- ISTQB Software Testing certifications.
- Passionate about quality and improving the test process.
- Passionate about coding and adhering to best practises.
- Ability to stay calm and focused under pressure.
- Team player in multi-disciplined environment.
- Highest levels of professionalism, transparency, and integrity.
- Willing to pursue a problem through to root cause identification.
- Clear and precise when communicating with others both written and oral.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- A delivery-focused approach to work and the ability to work without micromanagement.
- Willingness to adapt and innovate in a fast moving and agile working environment.
Please submit your CV here