- Develop new features at a high level of quality.
- Conduct peer reviews of code.
- Participate in daily Stand-Ups, change analysis sessions, and technical presentations.
- Provide input as necessary to tool and environment adoption
- Continuously develop your business domain knowledge and understanding of the Calastone business.
- Work closely with tech leads, engineers, testers, and support personnel.
Required Knowledge & Experience
You will need to demonstrate a deep and thorough understanding of:
- C# at a mature commercial level, and additionally either C# or Angular in a strong commercial setting.
- Object Orientation, SOA, and related design patterns.
- Modern software development practices: agile, version control, code reviews, continuous integration
- Concurrency, asynchrony, and parallelism.
- Test Driven Development – Unit Testing frameworks, mocking frameworks, and patterns for testability.
- Relational database concepts, Microsoft SQL Server and SQL.
- Web API
It would be to your advantage to have some level of experience in one or more of the following:
- .NET Core and related open source technologies.
- SPAs and responsive web development using Angular and Bootstrap.
- Enterprise messaging systems (e.g NServiceBus/Azure Service Bus/RabbitMQ).
- The mutual funds industry or related financial experience.
- Containerisation (using e.g. Docker) and container orchestration (using e.g. Kubernetes).
- Cloud experience, preferably Azure.
- Blockchain development experience, ideally Ethereum, but Corda, DA, or others are also of interest.
- XML, JSON, and related technologies (e.g. schemata and XSLT).
You are someone who has a passion for good technology, an attention to detail, and excellent communication skills. We take team dynamics seriously so, like us, you thrive on teamwork. We view ourselves as enablers for the business so you must be able to contextualise your work for less technical members of the organisation. We need your help to modernise the funds industry, bridging the gap between finance and modern technology to create faster and more efficient services for the benefit of the end investor.
Optional On-Call Support:
- The development team provide out-of-hours on-call assistance to the operations team on a rota basis, with a typical frequency per developer of once every 3-4 weeks. You may be invited to join this rota once suitably skilled.