- Develop new features at a high level of quality.
- Conduct peer reviews of code.
- Participate in daily Stand-Ups, change analysis sessions, and technical presentations.
- Provide input as necessary to tool and environment adoption decisions.
- Continuously develop your business domain knowledge and understanding of the Calastone business.
- Work closely with tech leads, engineers, testers, and support personnel.
Required Knowledge & Experience
You will need to demonstrate a deep and thorough understanding of:
- The .NET Framework 4.5 or above using C# in a strong commercial setting.
- Object Orientation, SOA, and related design patterns.
- Agile development practices.
- Concurrency, asynchrony, and parallelism.
- Test Driven Development – Unit Testing frameworks, mocking frameworks, and patterns for testability.
- XML, JSON, and related technologies (e.g. schemata and XSLT).
- T-SQL with experience of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or higher.
- WCF services and Web APIs using SOAP, NetTcp, and REST.
It would be to your advantage to have some level of experience in one or more of the following:
- .NET Core and related open source technologies.
- Enterprise messaging systems (e.g NServiceBus/MSMQ/RabbitMQ).
- The mutual funds industry or related financial experience.
- Containerisation (using e.g. Docker) and container orchestration (using e.g. Kubernetes).
- Cloud experience, preferably Azure. Experience of ServiceBus and other Azure technologies is especially of interest.
- SPAs and responsive web development using Angular and Bootstrap.
- Blockchain development experience, ideally Ethereum, but Corda, DA, or others are also of interest.
You are someone who has a passion for good technology, an attention to detail, and excellent communication skills. We take team dynamics seriously so, like us, you thrive on collaboration. We view ourselves as enablers for the business so you must be able to contextualise your work for less technical members of the organisation. We need your help to modernise the funds industry, bridging the gap between finance and modern technology to create faster and more efficient services for the benefit of the end investor.
Optional On-Call Support:
The development team provide out-of-hours on-call support to the operations team on a rota basis, with a typical frequency per developer of once every 3-4 weeks. You may be invited to join this rota once suitably skilled.