The Technical Project Analyst will be responsible for delivering software development and infrastructure projects in association with the IT Programme Manager and CTO, working alongside the various Technical Team leaders. The Technical Project Analyst will manage, report and, where required, remediate the various work streams associated with Calastone’s technical teams, providing cross-team liaison as required.
The Technical Project Analyst will be primarily be involved in technical project planning and reporting, alongside leading, enabling and encouraging Agile practices, supplemented by other activities as required to deliver projects successfully.
- Implement defined projects as agreed with the IT Programme Manager and CTO, and ensure that deliverables are scalable and replicable, working closely with the appropriate technical team leaders.
- Serve as Agile Lead in one or more Agile Teams, enabling and encouraging Agile practices in line with the Calastone Agile definition, and contribute to the ongoing refinement of Calastone’s Agile practices.
- Ensure technical projects are appropriately scoped and estimated, using Calastone’s Agile methodology and collaborating with technical team leaders, product owners and business analysts.
- Work with Calastone engineering teams to ensure that outputs are delivered on time, within budget and are fit for business purpose.
- Agree milestones and collect data on project progress to support board reporting, exception reporting and management review.
- Ensure that project risks, issues and actions are appropriately documented, tracked and escalated where appropriate.
Required Knowledge & Experience
The successful candidate will be expected to have technical (IT) project management experience, preferably within Financial Services. This experience will be sufficiently technical in nature that discussions with developers and analysts can be understood, allowing the successful candidate to act as a bridge between the technical staff and Calastone’s business and management personnel. A similar level of competency with financial services industry knowledge and terminology would be a distinct advantage. A solid understanding of the kind of technical issues commonly encountered in the delivery of complex software solutions will be required.
The successful candidate will display an outcome-oriented approach, with an understanding of real-life project management and a proven record of delivery. They will have solid experience of agile practices in technical projects, with exposure to Scrum constituting an advantage.
- Is proactive by default, and accustomed to a multi-disciplined, technical, regulatory and analytical environment.
- Possesses an ability to work positively with colleagues when resolving issues.
- Is passionate about quality with the keen attention to detail that allows the smooth delivery of projects.
- Is able to simultaneously identify key project details and see the bigger picture.
- Has the confidence to make their case and maintain focus in a spirited and fast-paced work environment.
- Maintains a flexible attitude and pragmatic approach.
- Has a strong work ethic and is motivated to see projects through to delivery.
To apply for this role, please use the following link: https://calastone.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=8c60ec35-ace5-4531-ab5d-0983417ea9a2