Some of the key highlights from this edition of the FFI:
- Equity funds headed for their first full-year of outflows until a last-minute, dramatic turnaround in December, driven by trade outlook and UK election result
- Overall equity fund inflows in 2019 were the weakest in three years at just 19p for every £100 under management
- Active equity funds suffered their worst year on record but passive funds enjoyed their best year yet.
- Fixed income funds enjoyed a third consecutive year of strong inflows
- Mixed asset funds outperformed all the major asset types, with inflows 8x larger than equities and 2x larger than fixed income
- Property funds suffered record outflows, along with previously fashionable absolute return and alternatives funds
To download the full report go through this link