Australian investors pumped $9.5bn into equity mutual funds in the last twelve months, according to the first quarterly Fund Flow Index (FFI) from Calastone, the largest global funds network. Calastone’s FFI analyses the millions of trades investors place in Australia’s managed funds.
Some key highlights from this quarter’s FFI:
- Equity funds enjoyed $9.5bn inflows in the last 12 months, $3.0bn in the last quarter, and half of that in March
- Buyers have favoured global and Australian equity funds most
- They have shunned equity income funds in the wake of global dividend cuts, and European equities
- Calastone Fund Flow Index shows that buying is outweighing selling 1.5:1
- Very high volumes of trading in recent months indicate significant switching between funds
View this edition of the FFI in full