Outflows from equity funds accelerated in February as the third bear-market rally since summer 2022’s global market nadir deflated during the month.
Key highlights from this month’s FFI:
- UK funds punished hardest – February saw outflow of £963m, third-largest on record
- US and European equity funds also saw strong selling in February, but global funds did better
- Bond market inflows moderated in February as rate fears rose but remained strongly positive +£834m
- Asset allocation shift from equities to bonds – since July equity outflows of £5.1bn have almost matched bond inflows of £4.9bn
- Money markets acting as safe haven in troubled times – inflows in February
View this edition in full