The person in this role will occupy a key position within Calastone as our client base and product range expands. This role will have specific accountability for Calastone’s production technology systems, for the on-boarding of clients and for the support of the QA team in testing of new code to enable new products, functionality and clients.
- Proactively monitor the production services.
- Provide first line support to Calastone’s customers.
- Assist in the creation of a knowledge base to mitigate the number of escalations to the second line team.
- Work with the Client Delivery team to ensure that they have satisfied all pre-production checks/tests before they are released into production.
- Work with the QA team on a rotational basis to assist with quality assurance cycles and to obtain pre-release knowledge of new releases.
- Work closely with internal project staff to ensure that all production requirements are flagged and dealt with during customer on-boarding, ensuring smooth transition into production and to enhance the customer’s perception and experience of the Calastone service.
- Work with, and communicate to, all customers and internal technical staff during implementations.
- Deal with service incidents that arise and work to achieve a positive outcome in the shortest possible timeframe.
- Maintain Calastone’s reputation for high-quality service support and delivery.
- Contribute to all aspects of general business improvement.
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Good technical background. Most desirable is experience of databases/SQL (ability to create and run own queries), MQ (any variant), SWIFT, ISO15022, ISO20022, FIX, XML, messaging authentication/ certification techniques and secure FTP environments.
- Application support and operations in a client facing, financial environment.
- Experience of project delivery life-cycles, in accordance with industry best practice.
- Knowledge of ITIL is beneficial.
- Knowledge of Salesforce is an advantage.
- Business Level written and spoken English and Italian skills essential, Spanish language would be an additional asset.
- Ability to stay calm and focused under pressure and able to positively direct customers, colleagues and service partners when resolving service issues.
- Team player in multi-disciplined environment.
- Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial approach.
- Passionate about quality and ‘getting it right’.
- Highest levels of professionalism, honesty and integrity.
- Willing to pursue a problem through to root cause identification.
- Attention to detail.
- Balanced individual able to critically appraise own strengths and weaknesses.
- An example setter by deed as well as words.
- Needs to be able to hold their corner and to be able to deal with a spirited work environment.
- Flexible attitude and willingness to work alternative shift pattern, including night shift, should that be necessary (especially during training period).
A shift system is in operation, consisting of:
Day Shift Early: 07:30 to 16:00 Monday to Friday, with 1 hour break (7.5 hours work), On Friday, you may be asked to perform late shift 15:30 to 00:00, with 1 hour break (7.5 hours work),
Day Shift Regular: 09:00 to 17:30 Monday to Friday, with 1 hour break (7.5 hours work), On Friday, you may be asked to perform late shift 15:30 to 00:00, with 1 hour break (7.5 hours work),
Day Shift Late: 15:30 to 00:00 Sunday to Thursday, with 1 hour break (7.5 hours work)
Please note that although you are on a Day Shift contract, you will be required to occasionally work on the Night Shift 23:30 to 08:00, as is currently the case. Occasional weekend and Bank Holiday working will be required for which time off in lieu or payment at the approved daily rate will be given.
Please submit your CV here