We work with platforms to simplify how they connect and communicate with their fund managers and transfer agents. Platform providers use our direct model to reduce the number of third parties they interface with and the associated risk and cost requirements of a more complex chain of counterparties.
We automate the flow of information between parties by creating a straight-through processing environment using our scalable and agnostic services. This supports the delivery of a leaner operating model and faster query resolution by accessing the fund manager and transfer agent directly.
- DMI Fund Services – By combining the unrivalled connectivity of our global network with the latest technologies, including distributed ledger technology (DLT) and cloud, we are digitalising the fund distribution process, enabling fund platforms to focus on servicing their investors and meeting the rising demand for new investment products.
- Order routing and settlements – Platform providers work with us to achieve scale and back office efficiency using our connected order routing and settlement process. This automates the fund lifecycle, provides a real-time view of trade status and settlement positions, and allows them to optimise intra-day funding.
- Transfers – Platforms can easily communicate fund transfer information with their fund managers and distributors. With our fast process, a transfer only takes a few days. The global service supports all types of transfer model and can switch between models depending on each counterparty’s preferences and jurisdiction.
- Dividends – We help platforms to give a more accurate and faster service to their investors by making the delivery of dividend communications an automated process.
- Reporting – We automate the delivery of statements of holdings and transactions to all counterparties, using the channel and format of choice – single electronic file, automated to the back-office system, or by downloading from the Calastone portal.
Liquidity Portals / Platforms
Calastone’s Money Market Services (MMS) directly connects liquidity portals to their investors and fund managers using a fully automated trade process, including integrated reporting and settlements. This eliminates the risk inherent in manual processing at every stage of the chain and reduces the cost of the asset class. Firms can also onboard new clients in days helping to realise revenues and inflows faster.