Here are some of the key highlights from this month’s FFI:
- Equity index-tracking funds see record £2.1bn inflows in Q2, while active funds suffer record £1.9bn outflows
- Index funds have taken an ever larger share of fund flows in recent years
- Investors trade their active fund holdings far more than index-trackers – the latter enjoy much steadier buying and very little turnover
- FFI: Equity Index Tracker was an extremely positive 62.8 (50 is neutral). FFI: Equity Active was 47.2 – below 50 signifies selling.
- Elsewhere, fixed income saw strong inflows in June, in another sign of falling investor risk appetite, and real estate funds saw a ninth consecutive month of outflows.
- Equity income funds saw very strong outflows, as competitors were affected by the suspension in May of a high profile fund in the category
To read further insights from the FFI, please click through this link